Sunday, August 30, 2009

On Fire.

These are some of my all-time favorite lyrics.
About a year and a half ago, I came home from school and felt like my entire nervous system would crash at any given moment. Which doesn't make any sense because nothing too special happened that day. But I found myself yelling at everyone, so I retreated to my room, closed the door, and went on YouTube. (Music has always had a therapeutic affect on me.) I heard this song for the first time (acoustic version) and broke down crying. It was the beginning of a healing process for me, one that will probably never end, but so be it. I still think this song is very powerful.
Enjoy.

On Fire
Switchfoot

They tell you where you need to go
They tell you when you need to leave
They tell you what you need to know
They tell you who you need to be

But everything inside you
knows there's more than what you've heard
There's so much more than empty conversations
filled with empty words

And you're on fire
When He's near you
You're on fire when He speaks
You're on fire burning at these mysteries

Give me one more time around
give me one more chance to see
give me everything You are
give me one more chance to be near You

When everything inside me
looks like everything I hate
You are the hope I have for change
You are the only chance I'll take

and I'm on fire
when You're near me
I'm on fire when You speak
I'm on fire burning at these mysteries

I'm standing on the edge of me (multiple x)
I'm standing on the edge of me again
I'm standing on the edge of me
I'm standing on the edge

I'm on fire
When I'm near You
I'm on fire when You speak
I'm on fire burning at these mysteries

Your mysteries

No comments:

Post a Comment